Monday 3 October 2016

Turns out, it really isnt my fault...

Yesterday and today have been the most beautiful autumnal days. A hint of chill, for sure, but glorious sunshine Because this is Britain, there were people walking around the shops in t shirts and sundresses. I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. The concession to the glory of the sunshine is a pair of sunglasses and no coat. I'm definitely middle aged. This weather report is brought to you by way of an explanation for my thoughtfulness. See, I was walking through the village, getting some exercise (and a loaf of bread) and enjoying the sunshine. Walking alone gives you thinking time doesn't it.
Autumnal readiness....somebody's fabulous wood store!

I was thinking about the next handful of days and the things I need to do. And the things I'd like to do. I was musing on the fact that I used to manage quite a lot of leisure activities in the evening, and how these days, I seem to spend every evening stuck in my armchair gazing at the tv or my iPad. And then it dawned on me. It's my iPad. It has connected me to the world, and made my backside take root. I'm so busy looking at ideas and reading about other people's amazing creations and lives, that mine is being spent on a gently padded chair. Well, here's to a teeny tiny resolution. I won't be out in the yard crating sculpture by moonlight, but I might turn the iPad off and at least pick up the embroidery or crochet once in a while. But mostly, I just think I need to put the technology down and engage a little. Ask me if its working in a couple of days. It'll  only take that long before Mr Dunnit wonders why on earth I'm being needy for conversation over his tv programmes! Hey, I could use the time to do so many things....I'll have to make a list on my list -making App......

17 comments:

Craftychris said...

I love this weather and I love getting my cardigans out. See, I too am soooo middle aged! And I just don't care! I think I might follow your idea and get into some crochet! Definitely time out from screens will be good! xxx

Helen said...

I'm off this week so hoping to have some more sunny autumn days! Love that pile of wood. how come your font size has got so small on your post? It's tiny!! Enjoy your embroidery (but maybe check out the posts from Happy Stampers first....??)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Yes! I know that problem - it gets worse when you try and do both and you have to ask what happened on TV!!! The arty wood store looks great! I'm a cardi girl - I can always take it off if it does get too warm!! Chrisx

SusanLotus said...


I know how it is! You look around and look around and right what it is it's been several hours. One wants more than you can also manage to take ...

WOW! What way to pile firewood on! Like art.

Have a great week!
Sussie

shazsilverwolf said...

Totally with you Julia. I really need to stop Pinning, and start doing! Hugs and lots of Love, Shaz xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel bad, because I've either been on my very slow computer or working in my basement still cleaning after the flood. That means I've been MIA, so I have no idea how you keep going, but somehow you make it all work, even if it's from your comfy armchair.

My name is Cindy said...

Love that piccie! and yes hasn't it been glorious weather! I have been thinking a lot lately about why I seem to get so little done, and I have come to the conclusion that it is, in a very general sense technology. Partly because it is so 'seductive' in the sense of wasting time without you realising it, but also because I keep failing to master it. But I also need it, at a very practical level for lots of things I do. Hey ho, what's a girl to do?

Sue said...

Hi Julia, We have a sunny day here, but it is nippy.

Hope you enjoy doing other things. Sue

misteejay said...

One of the reasons I only 'blog' is because if I FB'd, Tweeted & Pinned I'd never get anything done.

Fabulous photo.
Toni xx

Christine said...

I'm with Tony and I only read my emails in the morning and at night.... and when I'm bored!!!!
Just love that clever woodpile, what a way to 'spruce' up a plain wall.
Xxx

Christine said...

Sorry predictive text says Tony- I DID spell it correct Toni
Xx

Christine said...

Sorry predictive text says Tony- I DID spell it correct Toni
Xx

Christine said...

I'm with Tony and I only read my emails in the morning and at night.... and when I'm bored!!!!
Just love that clever woodpile, what a way to 'spruce' up a plain wall.
Xxx

Unknown said...

Good on you you'll feel better for it hoping to see crochet on the desk tomorrow just please no adult sex toy elephants

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee, you'll have to make a list with your list making app. Are you trying to tell our age with the teeny weeny font on your blog? You caught me being elderly! Love the woodpile, very creative. I hardily endorse putting down the technology. I just finished a book about the Internet Apocalypse and chaos that reigned. Most of it went over my head since I'm not plugged in 24/7 like most of you whippersnappers.

Neet said...

Got that same illness - tv/iPad...itis.
My resolve the other week lasted a couple of nights. Oh woe is me.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps love the woodstore

Anonymous said...

I have got into the habit of not going on my laptop in the evenings (in fact, hubby uses it far more than me now!) because of feeling so ill (there is an advantage). I am getting far less done on social media and marketing for my business, but it is great to be concentrating entirely on the television or listening to hubby (or falling asleep). Ali x