Tuesday 20 January 2015

T for Tuesday

Joining with Elizabeth and Bleubeard to show you that my life involves drinking in one way or another. I was at my desk drinking my coffee, contemplating an early morning start when I noticed one of our many blackbird visitors..thought you may like to see how we supply them with water.  Our low retaining garden wall is brick as you can see. The top course have three round holes in them and inevitably, they get filled with rain water. Rather miraculously, if they are not full to the brim, the water doesn't freeze when the temperature says it should, so the birdies can still enjoy. And they do.  Usually I'm not quick enough to photo them, but this chap was taking his time..


And so without a cup in sight, I have T for Tuesday.  Whilst I was resizing the photos, Miss Dunnit's current squeeze came in and asked me why I had a picture of a fat bird on screen. I didn't bother to explain until he then felt moved to ask me why I had a picture of a bird's behind too.  (Except of course, he didn't use that word..'behind'). I did start to explain about T for Tuesday...but his eyes glazed over and he said 'oh, a blog thing', as if that's all I had to say.  And so it was.

18 comments:

Claudia N. said...

Love that "blog thing"! lol

Claudia x

Queenie Jeannie said...

"A blog thing", LOL!!! Yeah, I get that a lot too. Oh well, very cute bird regardless!!!

Sue said...

Bet the birds really appreciate the chance for water.

Hope you have a good day. Sue

shazsilverwolf said...

Rofl!Love the way that wall works. We went to a garden centre last weekend, and bought a great gadget that allows you to re-cycle a normal small sized water bottle into a hang-up water dispenser for birds. Only £4,we'll see how well it works. Hugs, Shaz xxx

Diana said...

Ah yes the blog thing!
So nice to see yours on a regular occasion. Nice to see some of little old 'England' as I sit looking out of my window at bare trees and fog!
Keep blogging xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And a BEAUTIFUL blog thing it is, too. A vessel filled with water, appreciated by birds and humans alike. The absolute PERFECT T post. Thanks for taking time and joining T this Tuesday.

voodoo vixen said...

LOL... I can imagine the expression and also think it is lovely that he is so at home with you that he feels free to express his opinion in such an open way. Love the brick idea... had a garden where I had breeze blocks that did a similar thing but I filled them with soil and grew stuff... it worked surprisingly well!! Happy T Tuesday to you! Annette

Mrs.D said...

What a beautiful bird, bum and all. I love blackbirds, thank you for sharing.
Chris

Krisha said...

ROTFLMAO!!! Honestly, DH comes into the craft/office to ask me something, sees a blog on the putter screen, and doesn't even ask anymore.....leaves wearing that same glazed eye expression!!!

Love the birdie pictures, how nice for them to have water to drink when it is so cold.

Happy T-day

Helen said...

Wouldn't be without your "blog thing" - rofl at that. bless him.... Great photos of the blackbirds fat ..behind!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh yeah! "That blog thing" - usually with a sigh at the end in my case (you'll have to have words in May lol!!)
Love your pics - they are VERY useful bricks!! Chrisx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I love the "blog thing" and most of the Facebook thing too. I felt as though my right hand had been removed yesterday when we had a power cut followed by loss of TV and broadband. I love being able to swap ideas and show our pictures to each other. I think the birds are really getting ready for Spring by the sound of them so there may be more photos to grab soon. Take care in the cold weather. xx Maggie

Robyn said...

As a Robyn, I thank you!
Stretching it here, Julia! LOL!

Sharon Madson said...

Yeah, my husband glazes over, too, when I talk about the "Blog thing" 😀

fairy thoughts said...

Ah ha ' a blog thing' no explanation needed.... well not to me ..... handyman well that's another thing!
janet

misteejay said...

Very useful bricks those...
I love your "blog thing" Julia - great photos.
Toni xx

Eliza said...

It's nice to see the native birds in the garden enjoying life the way they do. There is always something peaceful to me about this.

Hugs Eliza

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a cute story and so nice of you to provide water for the fat little birdies. I used to have a recessed skylight that would get water in it when it rained and birds would come and bathe in it and drink from it. You could stand in the house, look up, and watch the bird silhouettes playing in the puddle.