Friday 13 November 2009

And in other, shocking news...

So thank goodness, the early starts come to a finish today. I know you're on the edge of your seat wondering what domestic goodness and life serving creative actions I filled my extra hour and a half with this morning. Well, you may need to sit down. Or Paige, Lyn and people of the OCD persuasion, lie down while the going's good - you can't fall off the floor. Here in absolute order, is what I did, in my sloppy long nightie and birkenstocks, in front of the kitchen heater from six thirty this morning:
I made coffee (I like a cafetiere).
I melted two bars of chocolate and poured them over yesterdays 'cooking' session of rice krispie cakes.
And then I cleaned my stamps.
I know! Joy be unconfined! There's an A4 size space on my work desk where a once overflowing basket of inky stamps once stood. You see, I noticed yesterday that there are stamps languishing in the to-be-cleaned section that I want to use, or worse, I may have forgotten about. And worse actually, most of my acrylic blocks are in there too. So I did the honourable thing. There's a drawback though - they are now sitting on two specially-reserved-for-the-job tea towels, cluttering up the draining board. So the plan is to finish a few chores, finish drying them off and put them away. Then I can settle in for some more stamping. Obviously, I can't do anything at my desk until I've dried and put them away...because there's the gap created by the absent basket, and you know how fast I can fill that with erm, artistic detritus!
Back to that difficult list of questions to accompany the Over The Top Award: it needs saying that all the blogs that I read are, to me, great. The handful of people listed here as 'awardees' have qualified because I feel it's time they exposed themselves a little more (er, !). I know I'm nosey, I've manipulated it in my mind to be an endearing characteristic. So, come on:
answer the questions - sign the 'fession!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia you are just to energetic for me LOL, sometimes I am glad I only have a handful of stamps to clean......remember I have left something for you on my blog.....many hugs and thanks for the laugh, my image off you in your nightie and birkenstocks.....too much..Avril xxxx

Neenie said...

Crikey - good job I was sitting down already, Julia!! How domesticated of you? You've now put me to shame - I shall have to file away the mountain of paper pads and images that are currently overflowing my desk, so that I too can have a clean spot! Hope this is a blip and not the shape of things to come. I will be anxiously waiting for next Weds photo for confirmation, either way. I do like the way you got your priorities right and started with the coffee, that's my girl!x :)

Milliesmarvels said...

What a very commendable way to use your spare time. I am hugely impressed! I always have have good intentions to achieve something when an extra spare unplanned unfilled half an hour of time lands at my feet but I usually whittle it down to about 10 minutes trying to find what I was going to use to make something in that half an hour. I had the same experience this morning trying to find some scalloped edge card blanks, I saw them on Sunday...somehow they have now mysteriously dissapeared!
Jane
x

Carmen said...

Sod the OCD'ers, I nearly fell off my chair there myself! Blimey - must be something in the air. Craig took the day off to clean out his shed today which means I was relegated to cleaning skanky bird poo encrusted bird feeders. 3 sink loads worth. My hands stink no matter how much I scrub them. Blech. BUT! Have been inspired to get the craft stuff out after my drought this week so maybe bird poo has magical craft enabling abilities :D

Thank you so much for my award :P Love my new title 'the alterer' makes me sound like some heroine from a fantasy novel. Fanfares, dramatic music, epic landscape... er messy desk... move over Conan the Barbarian here comes Carmen the Alterer!!! Roll titles. :D

Unknown said...

Julia ... sweetie ... the shock nearly killed me ... not because you have finally gotten around to cleaning those stamps ... or you plan on putting them away on the same day as you cleaned them ... or that you were up at 6.30 in the A.M making a card ... I thought you had been persuaded by my constant promotion of all things Tim and made him a special card ... I could only see a little glimpse in my side bar at the time :0)

Annie said...

Thanks for that Julia. Will do my best :-) A x

Chrissie said...

Well, to say I'm shocked by the revelation of your early morning activities is an understatement Julia, and there I was thinking you were a girl after my own heart!!
I just hope that you are planning on eating some of those chocolate covered krispie cakes, or I fear that our short, but very sweet, friendship may soon be taking a nosedive LOL!
(BTW thanks for all your fabulously encouraging comments on my blog!)

Annie said...

I've done my best so please drop in to check it out. A x
http://wipso-astitchintime.blogspot.com/

Paige said...

Isn't early mornign just the best tiem to get things done :) I was awake a little before you this morning and am all nicely packed and ready for the crop tomorrow. Tidying must be in the air this side of the Solent as well. Trav took the day off and sorted the kitchen for maggies needs i.e whelping box, webcame and a huge pile of old towels washed and dried ready for whelping day. I bet you feel great now you have scrubbed all those stamps cleana dn are ready to fill that basket again ;) thank you for the award. I'll have to think about the answers on this :)

Pam said...

That was an early start! I had a sneaky lie in today, wonder why!!! Still haven't cleaned my stamps, but I have moved them off my desk so they have moved one step closer to the kitchen! Hugs Pam

Angie said...

Admiration JD...up that early .... and cleaning all your stamps too .... I wouldnt have got past the coffee ....but if I had cleaned my stamps I would have had to eat all those Krispy cakes to get over the shock lol

Ann said...

Well Julia, I'm gob-smacked! You've given me my first ever award! Were you half-asleep this morning when you picked me? ;)
Thank you very much and it'll definitely be a challenge to do one-word answers!

Lyn said...

Of course I had to google images of birkenstocks - sad, I know, but, WHAT? Of course the search didn't help, because I now don't know what sort of birkenstocks to visualise you in .... but, needless to say, the new understanding of any birkenstocks with a nightie still made me chuckle.

Ok, I have to ask, inexperienced (and OCD) as I am, why do you have to build up stamps to be cleaned? Doesn't everybody just have a packet of non-alcohol baby wipes to clean as you craft? (*ducks and runs for cover*)

OMG - melted chocolate and rice krispies....... NOW I have a craving!

Kathy said...

Oh my! aren't you the virtuous one?

Thank you for supplying yet another food reason not to get into stamping!

btw the little yellow pot on my desk is Bookbinding glue - fab stuff, sticks ribbon,lace, fabric, felt and all sorts of other stuff a treat.
I go through tons of the stuff since discovering those little yellow tubs!

Jay said...

Hmm, new blog template eh! Looks good.